Saturday, February 10, 2007

An attempt at writing without a certain thought or theory in mind

I am sitting at the café where I used to hang 2 years ago with this chick (H)

I am supposed to be working of possible schedules for working hours for my business as I’m not comfortable with the existing one

Instead I’m listening to tristian prettyman (a very cool female vocalist, similar to Jason mraz and jewel in style) and downloading songs

All of a sudden walks in this quite tall girl, with exceptionally black hair, white complexion and a black coat, she looks like (H) except her eyebrows aren’t thicker than mine :)

What is apparent is that I’m probably still not completely at peace over how much of an assholette she was to me ( I guess what goes around comes around) that’s the one thing that is keeping me from being bitter about this issue entire issue


Damn that girl smells fine (she just passed by me to greet her boyfriend )


Anyway…

Regarding work….. hold on I don’t wanna talk about work


Let’s talk women…


Yesterday I saw probably one of the hottest women in Cairo, not only saw her but she was dancing about 3 meters away from me, not with me but hey, can’t win ‘em all

It was the engagement of my best friend’s brother, and she was the sister of the bride, the much older sister, who also happens to be engaged.

Not only does she look like a goddess, she also dances pretty nicely.



What is it about a woman who can dance????



I also remember another woman at after-8 who is definetly in her mid-thirties, short and dark who used to drive me crazy, when ever I saw her dancing I’d get this silly, ridiculous smile on my face and I’d do my best not to look at her for longer than 3 seconds so as not to freak her out (imagine this drunk guy smiling at you for no apparent reason and smiling as if there’s no tomorrow) and the way she dances is just like that, like there is no tomorrow.

I don’t believe that crap about If someone is good at dancing then they must be good in bed, just as much as I don’t believe that people who finish their food quickly are bad in bed, cuz they’re not the type to savour/enjoy their food or cuz “they are clumsy vertically so they must be horizontally too”, I find that argument quite shallow, like saying if someone is bad at designing cars then he/she must be bad at designing clothes.


Anyway…


Back to the woman at after 8 and dancing and what it does to people, i don’t know why I like looking at people dancing, I am a bad dancer myself, mediocre at best, but it’s not like I find all dancing erotic, sometimes its innocent, sometimes you appreciate the fun someone’s having through dancing, sometimes it’s the chemistry between the dancing partners and sometimes it’s the beauty of the human body moving in such ways that I thought were impossible

I believe watching someone dance is one of the ways to understand a lot about them at that particular state, that is if they are good at expressing themselves through their body, or actually good at not letting their insecurities stop them from expressing it, I mean in my case I’m usually a much better dancer just by having a few drinks, I usually only feel like dancing when I’ve had a few drinks


They say the grass is greener on the other side (tristian prettyman sings alongside bushwalla)


Dancing couples. I was once dumped because I couldn’t dance, seems like quite a shallow reason to dump someone that you connect with better than anyone else you’ve ever met ( I guess she might have had other reasons that she thought were too ugly to mention)

Who do you think has got it worse, the partner who likes to dance but can’t do so with his/her loved one or the one who knows his/her partner likes doing something that they can’t do for them?



“Put your hands to my hands, put you knees to my knees
Put your eyes to my eyes, come one baybe compliment me

Cuz I don’t think that we
Should ever feel the need to worry
Ever get ourselves in a hurry
You know I love you, you know you love me”



This tristian chick sure knows how to sing, easy on the eyes too, you know when I first read the name I thought it was a guy (tristian from the interview with the vampire series by anne rice) (brad pitt’s character for those who didn’t read the book but saw the movie)

6 comments:

Sou said...

Gee I like the posts that starts out with you not knowing what to talk about.. I did not know the saying about people who eat fast are clumsy in bed.. asl I am fast eater so I do not know what to think ;D

I am downloading some songs by tristian prettyman lets see how is your taste in music.. will let you know..

Dee-Vine said...

i like tristan prettyman.
i think she's jason mraz's girlfriend or something, no?

and i really think dancing is art.

Nora said...

Hey Beautiful,
I like Tristan Prettyman also.. and yes she is Jason Mraz's girlfriend. Also.. I think you have kick ass taste in music...

Other than that I think that people who formulate theories about who is good or bad in bed are so stupid that most likely they will suck in bed.. So.. if anyone ever tries telling you a theory about who is good or bad in bed.. just run!!! ;o) (Oh wait... I just made a theory about it.. I mean everyone other than myself....)

I also like how you have a way of romanticizing the most random things... I always thought that men just watched women dance for the sexual fantasies, I am sure that that is still true, but you have a way of wording it that makes it sound and feel less cheap and dirty...
;o)

KareemFromEgypt said...

sarah: try her live songs, she performs much better with an audience, just like mraz and dave matthews band

Dee: long time no see, didn't know u liked/knew mraz or tristian, any fan of tristian is a friend of mine :)

Nora: actually they recently broke up :( poor guy

thanks for the vote of confidence and thanks for the nice comment, i don't watch women dancing for the sexual aspect of it believe it or not, so in a sense what you said is true, and i'll listen to you and won't run... for now.

Nora said...

and I'll let you stay... for now!
;P

Alluring said...

I never heard of Tristian prettyman, and i would've never guessed it's she because she has a man's name.

ANd you were dumped once because you couldn't dance? how so lame, where do you find those freaks ya koko?!

BTW- you've been tagged.